What is PicoSure?
Cynosure’s PicoSure laser treats at three wavelengths making it ideal for treatment of pigmentary conditions. With the addition of the Focus™ Lens Array, we are able to treat stubborn skin conditions in addition to removing tattoos.
Creating an intense photothermal impact in trillionths of a second, PicoSure’s advanced technology spares the skin high thermal damage and targets the chromophore for better clearance in fewer treatments.
- Optimally targets melanin to treat a range of pigmentary conditions
- Incurs minimal thermal damage due to picosecond pulse duration
- Customizable treatments with 2-6mm, 8mm, and 10mm spot sizes
- Proven clinical validation, with 26 publications and 59 abstracts to date
PicoSure makes tattoo removal even easier. The 755nm wavelength is able to target black, blue, and green tattoo inks, while the optional 532nm wavelength offers effective treatment of “sunset colors”—red, yellow and orange—which are typically hard to correct. We are also able to:
- Tailor treatments using variable spot sizes
- Use boost mode to better treat recalcitrant tattoos with shortened pulse width
- Treat black ink in darker skin type patients using the 1064nm delivery
How Long is the Downtime?
There is no downtime with PicoSure Focus™ facials. Patients may experience erythema that typically resolves within a few hours, but in some cases, may linger up to 24 hours. Since each patient is unique, we highly recommend contacting our office to set up your consultation today!
How Many Treatments Are Needed?
Most unwanted pigment will significantly lighten or clear in 2-3 sessions.